Monday 2 June 2014

#14 Teething, snotty noses and being Two!

Being your Mummy is the best thing I have ever done and it's also the absolute hardest thing I have ever done.
Sometimes events conspire and things become really hard, for both of us. At the moment you are teething, you have your last 4 molars coming through, and it is really painful for you. It's making you chew everything in sight, dribble uncontrollably, and your temper is extremely short. You also have a cold. A horrible snotty nose, you feel like rubbish and your temper is extremely short. And you are Two. You are leaving babyhood far behind. You are realising your sense of self. You want to do more yourself. And your temper is extremely short!
You don't know whether you want to sit down, stand up, be picked up, be left alone, have a cuddle or play with your toys. Or maybe you just want to do all of these things all at once, and you can't. Which makes your temper extremely short.
Now I'm not known for having much patience myself, so at times we just rub each other the wrong way. I try so hard to keep my temper because I know you are only shouting/screaming/whinging/whining because you are in pain, you feel awful, your nose is running and you can't do what you want to do because you are only Two. I don't always succeed. Which usually ends with both of us getting annoyed and upset, and then I feel incredibly guilty because it's not your fault, it's mine.
I hope as you get older you can see that I really am truly trying my hardest and doing the best I can to be your Mummy. To give you what you need and make you happy. I don't get it right all the time and I'm sure that's not going to change however big you get. But being your Mummy is the best thing I have ever done, the best experience of my life. I hope I can be the best Mummy for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment