Friday 16 October 2015

15 #6 Kindy: an update

Kindy has been nothing short of revolutionary for you!
We have been through a period of you crying as I left after the initial novelty wore off, but you loved being there after a few minutes.
We then went through a longer period of you crying when I collected you.  One of your teachers thought this was relief and a release of tension, that I had come back to get you.  You must have been really worried subconsciously that I wouldn't come back.
You ask fairly regularly why mummies don't stay at kindy. Even though now you are totally happy to be there. You would still prefer it if I stayed.
Now you cry when I collect you because you don't want to go home!  You get so upset at collection time that today we extended your hours on a Wednesday so you now stay until the very end at 4:30. That means you are doing 8 hours there. Feedback from our teacher this afternoon was that you have had a fantastic day, you were happy all day and you absolutely loved staying late.  At 2:30 when most of the children go home, your teacher Rosie said to everyone "that's the end now, but Elise & Joni are staying late" and your reaction was to yell "woo hoo!" And you ran outside cheering! And you still cried when I collected you as you wanted to stay even longer. Bedtime was easy tonight! No protest and asleep within minutes!!

When you first started a little girl called Norah took you under her wing. You took a real shine to Norah and she became your best friend. Norah was older, coming up to 5, so she has now left kindy to go to school.  She left quite a gap in your life and your time at kindy and it's taken a couple of months for you to stop missing her. In that time you have become friendly with Aliyah, but she is more friendly with some of the other girls. Joni has tried hard to be your friend, but this was met initially with annoyance from you. Joni is very full on, wanting to cuddle you, wanting to be next to you, and generally wanting your full undivided attention.  You would often tell me that Joni had annoyed you that day. But Joni's persistence has paid off and you now spend the majority of your time at kindy with her.

You have a little ritual when I drop you off. Once we've found your name and chosen a locker you lead me around the garden to show me all the things there - trampoline, pirate ship, tree house, zoom slide. You show me how to go down the zoom slide, then you lead me to the gate, give me licky kisses and wave goodbye.  You've been doing this for a few months, but today after leading he round and going down the zoom slide Joni arrived so you said "you can go by yourself now mummy" and you jumped not the trampoline with her and that was that. No goodbye, no kisses, nothing!

I am so pleased you love it there. You have settled in amazingly well, you love all the teachers and you are developing in confidence so much.  You and all the children are going to put on a Christmas show and I can't wait to see you in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment